Rules and Responsibilities
As much as we trust our gardeners, we still need to enforce a few rules to keep order in the community garden. Failure to meet these obligations can result in losing your plot.
- A Haddonfield resident must maintain the plot.
- Plots must be maintained throughout the growing season, which runs from April 15th to November 15th
- You must be actively gardening by May 1st or your plot will be given to the next person on the waiting list.
- The path next to your plot must be weeded and the wood chips refurbished throughout the season.
- You must be at your plot the entire time that you are watering, and turn the water off at the station and pump when you are finished.
- Your garden must be cleared of all equipment & plastic sheeting before the second Saturday of November or forfeit your plot.
- No plastic fencing is permitted.
- Weed killer may not be used.
- Organic methods are strongly encouraged.
- Gardeners are responsible for the amendment, enrichment and/or adjustment of the soil within their individual plots as required for the crops they choose to grow.